Order in the next for delivery
Preorder this item: Products are usually dispatched within 3-5 working days. If you have ordered anything else, we will hold your order until your pre-ordered stuff comes in, and ship the whole lot together. Don't worry, we'll keep you updated throughout the whole process!
Super Fast Shipping!
Choose your shipping option at checkout:
- Royal Mail: 2-5 days delivery (Free on orders over £25)
- DPD: Next Working Day delivery, requires signature (Free on orders over £50)
- More Shipping Info Here.
Free Stickers when you buy this product!
Bought a board today from here, was advised by Adam. A No-nonsense, seemingly very knowledgeable chap. He was genuinely interested in finding something to suit my needs, and asked questions to help me find a suitable board. Cheers 🤘🏼🌊
Orangatang Stimulus Wheels 70mm
Featured a stone-ground running surface, narrower contact patch, offset core and round lips, the Stimulus is poured from the same fun, slidey high-rebound urethane as all other Orangatang longboard wheels. It skates very much like a worn-in 4President.
As a dedicated freeride wheel, Orangatang updated the Stimulus to the big-cored 69mm Kilmer and 73mm Cage some years ago. If you're looking for a wheel that slides, we'd suggest you check those out. Bigger cores give a smoother slide, more even wheel wear, and faster roll speed - all good news if you like to do big skids.
You might think that this consigns the Stimulus to the wheel dustbin of history - but you'd be wrong. Not everyone wants to slide - and the smaller old-school core of the stimulus results in a plusher, more comfortable ride than the Cage and Kilmer.
The Stimulus is available in four duros:
- 77A (Blue) - super soft and plush, but not a lot of grip - for cruisers, we'd recommend the 77A 4President instead. Available on request if you really want it though!
- 80A (Orange) - a good all-round hardness that makes the most of this shape. Usually the one to go for.
- 83A (Purple) - a bit faster on smoother surfaces, longer lasting, but a harsher ride when things get choppy.
- 86A (Yellow) - a dedicated freeride wheel really, these days we'd recommend the Purple 69mm Kilmer instead. We can get it if you really want some though - get in touch!
The Stimulus is definitely not an obvious choice in the Orangatang lineup these days - with the grippier 4President and the slidier Kilmer, there are better wheels available for specific uses. It's still a solid all-round wheel for pretty much any longboard though, well worth checking out.
Useful Extra Info
- Longboard Wheel Guide
- How to remove flatspots from your wheels
- How to change your wheels super fast
- View all products by Orangatang Wheels
- View all our wheels
- Shipping and delivery info
All wheels sold in packs of four.
Orangatang Stimulus Wheels 70mm Reviews
Excellent comms and speedy service. Very happy with wheels which were a gift. Many thanks for going over and above.
Quick and great service provided. 100% recommended !
Good quality wheels and service
Orangatang Stimulus Wheels 70mm: Cheaper Elsewhere?
We'll price match any price from a UK-based retailer, on or offline!
Just fill out the form below and we'll get back to you.
Tap to get in touch:
Customer TestimonialsRead More
If you are going to buy a board then please buy from these guys. I'm new to skateboarding and after going round in circles on the internet I decided to give these guys a call. I spoke to Adam who was so helpful and patient with my indecisiveness, he guided...