Order in the next for delivery
Preorder this item: Products are usually dispatched within 3-5 working days. If you have ordered anything else, we will hold your order until your pre-ordered stuff comes in, and ship the whole lot together. Don't worry, we'll keep you updated throughout the whole process!
We'll order this product in for you! Hit "Special order", fill out your email address, and we'll come back to you with an ETA and to take payment. Usually this product will arrive in 5-7 working days, we'll keep you updated throughout the whole process.
Super Fast Shipping!
Choose your shipping option at checkout:
- Royal Mail: 2-5 days delivery (Free on orders over £25)
- DPD: Next Working Day delivery, requires signature (Free on orders over £50)
- More Shipping Info Here.
Free Stickers when you buy this product!
Ordered a board from them over this lockdown and they’ve been nothing but amazing! I will suggest this place to anyone who’s ever looking to get skate gear. 10/10
Orangatang In Heat Wheels 75mm
The bigger if Orangatang's original race wheels, the 75mm In Heat is still a solid choice if you're looking for a larger (but not too large!) grip wheel.
Released at the same time as the 70mm 4President in 2008, in it's day the In Heat was a killer downhill race wheel. These days things have moved on a bit, and with it's smaller "slalom" core and mass of unsupported urethane, this isn't the grippiest wheel going anymore. However, the smaller core provides a very plush ride compared with new-school bigger cored wheels, making the In Heat an ideal longboard cruiser wheel.
This is definitely a grippier, rollier wheel than the 4President. Sharp lips and a wider 56mm contact patch, combined with all that unsupported urethane, gives a very plush and smooth ride that;s only really matched by the 85mm Caguama for comfort, despite being 10mm smaller.
They're heavy too - not so great for sliding, but very cool for the "steamroller" effect if that's what you're into.
Available in three duros:
- 77A (Blue). Orangatang's new Blue 77A isn't the fastest, but it's really given this wheel a new lease of life. At 77A the In Heat gives a crazy smooth ride and has enough grip for most things. Definitely a good shout if you want the feeling of a Caguama but you can't fit 85mm of wheel on your board.
- 80A (Orange). The timeless classic grip wheel, now it's a slightly faster alternative big cruiser wheel to the Blue 77A. Maybe better if you're a heavier skater.
- 83A (Purple). At the harder duro the In Heat has a good bit of support and rolls relatively quickly, but it's still not a great choice for rougher surfaces. Something of a specialist choice, but if it's what you're looking for then go for it.
Our experience with Orangatang grip wheels (the 4President, In Heat and Kegel) is that Orangatang's "Happy" urethane isn't the greatest for maximum grip - all the grip comes from the wheel shape and lips, and to be honest once those lips have gone there's not really a lot of grip to be had from these. Happy urethane is fast, plush and sugary, but it's not the most durable so it struggles to hold an edge for very long. That said, if your focus is more on cruising, the In Heat is a solid 75mm choice, with decent roll speed, lots of inertia and a super-plush ride.
We'd recommend these to skaters looking for the most amount of comfort available in a 75mm wheel - the smaller core makes them at least as smooth as the giant 85mm Caguama, but without worrying about wheelbite.
Useful Extra Info
- Longboard Wheel Guide
- How to remove flatspots from your wheels
- How to change your wheels super fast
- View all products by Orangatang Wheels
- View all our wheels
- Shipping and delivery info
All wheels sold in packs of four.
Orangatang In Heat Wheels 75mm Reviews
Orangatang In Heat Wheels 75mm: Cheaper Elsewhere?
We'll price match any price from a UK-based retailer, on or offline!
Just fill out the form below and we'll get back to you.