We're out of stock of this right now, but more are due in soon.View Our Recommended Alternatives
Product available at supplier: We'll order this in for you, and dispatch within 4-6 working days. If you have ordered anything else, we will hold your order until your pre-ordered stuff comes in, and ship the whole lot together. Don't worry, we'll keep you updated throughout the whole process!
In Stock, Ready for Dispatch!
Choose your shipping option at checkout:
- Express Next working day (Not weekends or bank holidays), requires signature
- Economy 2-5 Working Days, may require signature
- More Shipping Info Here.
Great experience with these guys! Extremely helpful over email, didn't try to up-sell me, instead gave me solid advice based on what I said I was looking for. Totally willing to work with me to mix and match on one of their completes - got the Loaded Omakase complete TKP setup, but with the larger Cult Chronicle 65mm wheels, and it's buttery smooth out of the box. Delivery was both rapid and plastic-free! Would recommend Vandem Longboards to anyone, beginner or pro!
Orangatang Kegel 80mm Longboard Wheels
The Orangatang Kegel is Orangatang's bigger downhill wheel. At 80mm it's often compared to the even bigger 85mm Caguama.
If the Caguama is designed more with an eye to cruising and stupid rollover, the Kegel is a more performance-orientated grip wheel.
Lessons learned from a few years of racing the 70mm 4President and the 75mm In Heat lead to a bigger core and larger diameter - the intention being smoother slides and higher roll speeds. A lot of downhill wheels have bigger cores these days, and in many ways the older Orangatang grip wheels are no longer really competitive.
The Kegel is an interesting wheel for downhill. Orangatang fans will know that their "Happy" urethane is fast, dumpy, and not all that grippy, especially once it's broken in. The Kegel is probably the grippiest of all of Orangatang's wheels, with sharp lips and a super-supportive core - but these days it's out-gripped by smaller, wider big-cored downhill wheels from other brands.
However, the Kegel does have a major advantage - diameter. At 80mm this is one of the largest grip wheels available, which means that if the track suits it, it's often the fastest option going.
For cruising applications, the Kegel is a great choice. Offering faster roll speeds and better rollover than either the 4President or the In Heat, without the crazy weight and wheelbite issues inherent in the 85mm Caguama, the Kegel is a solid performer on any longboard you can fit it on.
The Kegel is available in three duros:
- 77A (Blue) - this is the grippiest wheel Orangatang make. It gets close to Caguama and In Heat levels of plushness, and the supporting larger core negates a lot of the disadvantages inherent in such a soft durometer. The Blue gets eaten up quickly whilst sliding though. If you're buying this wheel to cruise, this is the one you want.
- 80A (Orange) - a great all-round cruise wheel, also a very good option for very high speed downhill tracks. Longer lasting and faster rolling than the 77A, with slightly better definition in the transition between grip and slip. If you're buying the Kegel to skate downhill, this is probably the one to go for.
- 83A (Purple) - awesomely fast on smooth surfaces - if you are lucky enough to have a super smooth, super long downhill run near you, these are killer. For everyone else though, they can be a bit harsh, so we can't recommend them to everyone. The harder duro is possibly a better choice for heavier skaters though.
Watch out for wheelbite with the Kegel - it's a big wheel and might not fit on your board. Get in touch if you're not sure!
|Blue, Orange or Purple
Useful Extra Info
- Longboard Wheel Guide
- How to remove flatspots from your wheels
- How to change your wheels super fast
- View all products by Orangatang Wheels
- View all our wheels
- Shipping and delivery info
All wheels sold in packs of four.
Orangatang Kegel 80mm Longboard Wheels Reviews
Great wheels, good price, rapid delivery.
Excellent product and service!
Too fast, almost died
Super fast delivery even faster wheels super stoked awesome customer care I only buy from vandem now
One wheel has a piece coming off already after 3 rides !! They are smooth and make a comfy ride but dissappointed they not up to the task.
Vandem Longboard Shop UK
Hi Damian. Sorry to hear about this give us a shout on 0117 9332833 and we will see if there is anything we can do to help.
Items as ordered arrived quickly.
Orangatang Kegel 80mm Longboard Wheels: Cheaper Elsewhere?
We'll price match any price from a UK-based retailer, on or offline!
Just fill out the form below and we'll get back to you.
10% off: With hundreds of product descriptions and thousands of product details on our site, typos can occasionally slip through the net. We're only human! If you can find one - or an incorrect product detail - let us know and we'll send you a code for 10% off.
Thanks for helping keep Vandem shipshape.
Tap to get in touch:
Customer TestimonialsRead More
I bought my first board from these folks, at 46 years old nearly a year ago.
The service was first class. I found other places to be a tad patronising truth be told, maybe because of my age, maybe because of my ability or both.
Not here. They made me feel super...