We're out of stock of this right now, but more are due in soon.View Our Recommended Alternatives
Product available at supplier: We'll order this in for you, and dispatch within 4-6 working days. If you have ordered anything else, we will hold your order until your pre-ordered stuff comes in, and ship the whole lot together. Don't worry, we'll keep you updated throughout the whole process!
In Stock, Ready for Dispatch!
Choose your shipping option at checkout:
- Express Next working day (Not weekends or bank holidays), requires signature
- Economy 2-5 Working Days, may require signature
- More Shipping Info Here.
Got my Lush Freebyrd the day after ordered and it's a thing of beauty! Just need the weather to clear up now. Happy purchase and would recommend.
Hackbrett Averell XL Skateboard
The Hackbrett Longboards Averell is the tallest of the four "bandits" - new school street skateboards from the Hackbrett workshop - and comes in at a massive 39" long and 9.25" wide.
An XXL street deck has featured in many prominent lineups over the years, think Gravity Skateboards, Lush Longboards and Sector 9. By no means is it a new concept, but Hackbrett have applied their Blackforest materials and knowledge to really squeeze the most out of this one.
A regular street skateboard comes in at around 31" long. What's with the extra 8", then?
- It's massive. That's more room for big feet, a wider stance, more room for landing tricks and more comfortable for simply cruising
- It's stable! With a wheelbase over 20 inches long, this is not a board that's restricted to jogging speed. There are modern downhill boards with similar wheelbase options - the Averell can go very fast!
- It's light. Hackbrett have been experimenting with core constructions and ergonomic features since 2002 and as such, the Averell is not your standard maple construction. It's light and snappy and has that beautiful fibreglass reinforced pop.
- It's massive... if you're a street skater that likes to do flip tricks, Averell will feel very big under your feet!
We stock Averell with a bamboo topsheet and the "street core" construction. This is a step away from your regular all-maple contstruction, making use of local Blackforest woods alongside maple, fibreglass and carbon fibre to create the most durable and fun board possible whilst keeping the weight to a minimum.
The Hackbrett Longboards Averell is the longboarders street deck and the street skaters longboard.
If there really is a board that can do everything, it might just be this one.
These beauties are pre gripped and built ready to rip right out of the box.
They are available in two spec Elite and Pro.
We have a longstanding relationship with Hack - click here to read more about what exactly makes these boards so special.For other topsheets, cores, flex or graphic options, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email - there's a good chance we can make it happen!
Hackbrett Longboards also produce 4 other street skate shapes ranging from 31" to 36.5" that are only available direct from the manufacturer. For more information, visit www.hackbrett.info.
Is the Elite setup worth the extra £15?
For only an extra £15, you can upgrade the "Pro" setup to the "Elite" Level build.
The Elite setup is a pretty heavy wheel and bearing upgrade over the Pro.
You get Sabre Built-In Labyrinth Bearings - fully shielded, easy to clean, with built in bearing spacers. They roll faster and last longer than the Pro level metal shielded ABEC5 bearings.
The Elite complete also includes Cult Chronicle 65mm Longboard Wheels White (Stoneground), poured from a higher grade urethane. Premium urethane rolls fater, lasts longer, and generally injects a whole new level of life into the board - once you've skated decent wheels, you won't want anything else!
Less obvious is the wheel upgrade. Your extra £15 gets you a set of Cult Chronicle over the Pro build's Cult Nova. Apart from the obvious size difference, the Cult Chronicle are poured from a higher grade of urethane - an invisible difference that you will immediately notice as soon as you push the board off.
Just like the bearings, the wheel upgrade makes your board roll faster and last longer - what's not to like??
If you look at the SRP difference of these components and add them together you'll see that the upgrade from Pro to Elite represents serious value - trust us, it's well worth it.
Coupled with this, we've noticed that almost everyone who makes it into our shop ends up with an Elite setup - the value is clear once you have the board in your hands!
Hackbrett Averell XL Skateboard: Elite Complete SpecLoaded up with aftermarket parts, the Averell Elite setup is a whole lot of performance! Aimed at cruising with a healthy dose of freeriding, sliding and slashing built in. It's big and stable and ready to go to town…quite literally. Once you're there, find a steep hill, a few steps to ollie or a good curb. Averell will be right at home cruising between them, too.
- Wheels: Cult Chronicle 65mm Longboard Wheels White (Stoneground)
- Trucks: Sabre Skateboard Truck 170mm
- Bearings: Sabre Built-In Labyrinth Bearings
Hackbrett Averell XL Skateboard: Pro Complete SpecNot quite as pricey as the Elite setup, the Averell Pro is a big statement with a little price tag. The smaller wheels will actually feel a little more like your regular skateboard to ollie (though I appreciate your regular skateboard probably isn't 39" long..!) and will accelerate fast off your push.
- Wheels: Cult Nova 60mm Longboard Wheels White
- Trucks: Sabre Skateboard Truck 170mm
- Bearings: Vandem Value Skate Bearings - ABEC 5
|Length||39.0" / 99.1cm See similar length boards|
|Width||9.25" / 23.5cm See similar width boards|
|Wheelbase||20.1" / 51.1cm - 20.86" / 53.0cm See boards with a similar wheelbase|
|Nose Length||6.5" / 16.5cm|
|Tail Length||6.0" / 15.2cm|
|Deck construction||Fibreglass, Maple|
|Wheel Wells||Cnc Wheel Wells|
Useful Extra Info
Customise your ride!
We can change the truck bushings on this board to suit your weight and riding style!
This way your board will come set up perfectly for you, straight out of the box.
Just refer to the table below and make your choice as you add to cart!
|Rider weight||Bushing Hardness|
|10 - 50kgs||Extra Soft|
|50 - 72kgs||Softer|
|72 - 90kgs||Stock Setup|
|90 - 104kgs||Harder|
|104 - 120kgs||Extra Hard|
Some other things to consider...
- If in doubt - go softer! Turnier boards are easier to balance on, and a lot more fun to skate.
- If you are "between hardnesses," we would recommend the softer option. So for example, for a 73kg rider, "Soft" rather than "Stock Setup" might be a better choice. Get in touch if you're not sure!
- if you want a very turny board - say for a dancing longboard - then it's worth going one stop softer than you otherwise would do. Watch out for wheelbite though!
- Likewise, if you want a board for downhill speed, then go up a step harder than the weight table suggests.
- You do have a bit of adjustment in the truck's kingpin nut, but we would suggest that if you have more than two threads showing then it's time to go to a harder bushing.
Hackbrett Averell XL Skateboard Reviews
Hackbrett Averell XL Skateboard: Cheaper Elsewhere?
We'll price match any price from a UK-based retailer, on or offline!
Just fill out the form below and we'll get back to you.
10% off: With hundreds of product descriptions and thousands of product details on our site, typos can occasionally slip through the net. We're only human! If you can find one - or an incorrect product detail - let us know and we'll send you a code for 10% off.
Thanks for helping keep Vandem shipshape.
Tap to get in touch:
Customer TestimonialsRead More
I bought my first board from these folks, at 46 years old nearly a year ago.
The service was first class. I found other places to be a tad patronising truth be told, maybe because of my age, maybe because of my ability or both.
Not here. They made me feel super...