Order in the next for delivery
Preorder this item: Products are usually dispatched within 3-5 working days. If you have ordered anything else, we will hold your order until your pre-ordered stuff comes in, and ship the whole lot together. Don't worry, we'll keep you updated throughout the whole process!
Super Fast Shipping!
Choose your shipping option at checkout:
- Royal Mail: 2-5 days delivery (Free on orders over £25)
- DPD: Next Working Day delivery, requires signature (Free on orders over £50)
- More Shipping Info Here.
Free Stickers when you buy this product!
I'm a big fan of Vandem Longboards as they are probably one of the best businesses I've ever dealt with regarding customer service etc. I used to skate loads ("normal boards") through my teenage years and now in my early 30's I really wanted to get back on a board but not necessarily throwing myself down sets of stairs or rails anymore and finding myself in A&E like I used to do every once in a while! During the first lockdown I thought it was the perfect time to get back into it but didn't know the first thing about longboards. I used the WhatsApp link to contact Vandem which is super easy asking advice on boards, within minutes I got back loads of information and was told to give them a call anytime if I needed more. I ended up purchasing a Lush Freebyrd Lo-Pro elite on their recommendation and I couldn't have been more pleased with the build as it's a quality build that's great to skate. I have used it every other day since and love it and have since gone on to purchase the Lush slide gloves they exchanged no problem when I needed a slightly bigger size. I've become slightly obsessed with longboarding now and already eyeing up a couple of different boards I would like to add to my collection shortly. My two young kids also like skating so no doubt will need boards of their own in the future and I wouldn't go anywhere else for my skating needs! Vandems website and Facebook page is amazing with loads of advice and info and loads of cool updates! Lastly they are a cool independent business with a great ethos about reducing their environmental impact and nothing comes packaged with any plastic etc. Vandem are the guys to go with as you'll always get unbeatable customer service and great quality products. 👍
Bronson G3 Bearings
Bronson G3 Bearings are Bronson's "3rd Generation" bearings (the 2nd Generation "G2 Bearing" is available here).
Bronson are an up-and-comer in the skateboarding world, and has evolved their bearings in the last few years to the point where they are a legitimate contender to the once unchallengable Bones Bearings.
Like Bones, Bronson bearings are designed from the ground up specifically for skateboarding, and as such, don't feature an ABEC rating. Here's why ABEC ratings aren't relevant to skateboarding if you've not already read it...
Instead, Bronson G3 bearings have a number of features that set them apart from other bearings out there:
- "Balls Out" Technology - Unlike Bones Bearings, Bronson G3's feature bearing shields on both sides. However, one of the shields on each bearing has a black pinstripe around it, which needs to face outwards when you install the bearing. This is to do with the cage orientation within the bearing - if you run them the right way round, the cage has no chance of contacting the outer bearing shield if something strikes the outside of the bearing. Quite a nice feature that we've not seen on other bearings.
- Deep Groove Raceways - Like Bones Swiss Bearings, Bronson G3's feature a deeper groove in the races that the balls sit in. This make the bearing quite a lot better at dealing with side-loads. If you've ever blown out a bearing, you'll appreciate this.
- "Frictionless Shields" - This is the big reason to get G3's - unlike Bones, Bronson use Labyrinth shields on both sides of their bearings, although the give is a funky marketing name. Labyrinth shields are by far the most effective way of keeping dirt and moisture out of skate bearings, with a tiny roll-speed penalty. So if you don't like cleaning your bearings, Bronson G3's are a better choice than Bones.
Then there's a few other features that are probably just marketing gumpf but you can believe them if you want:
- "Micro Groove" raceway surfaces - Apparently the races have a series of grooves tracking around them, which "increase spin by eliminating the standing wave of lubricant just in front of the rolling ball." We don't know about you, but we hate that standing wave of lubricant in our bearings... yeah whatever, Bronson.
- Max impact Cage design - This is a fancy way of saying that they use a GF-Reinforced Nylon Cage like every other bearing brand out there.
- High Speed Ceramic Oil - According to Bronson, "Oil is blended with nano-ceramic compounds for anti-wear protection for longer lasting bearings and improved speed." In other words, they use something a bit like sewing machine oil in their bearings, like every other bearing brand. In reality it's just the same as any other lubricant like Bones Speed Cream or Sabre Bearing Lube.
- Factory Fresh Quality - Yes, Bronson G3 bearings are supposedly packaged in "nitrogen filled shrink-wrap" to keep them fresh until you stick them in your wheels. How this affects the longevity or performance of your bearings after this is beyond us... assuming it's even true!
- Laser Etching on the outer race - but unlike the Bones Super Reds you can't see it once your bearings are in your wheels? Doh...
Most skate bearing brands out there commit the sin of over-egging the marketing pudding to some extent, and you should really forgive Bronson of this with regards to these bearings. The Bronson G3's are a great skate bearing, and a worthy alternative to Bones Reds, Bones Super Reds or even Bones Swiss.
A definite plus point to these is that they come in a swanky metal tin, with bearing spacers and even speed rings - so everything you need. All together a super-strong offering from Bronson and should definitely be on your short-list if you are looking for some fresh bearings.
Bronson G3 Bearings
Number of balls
|Rubber Labyrinth (RU)|
Number of Shields
Useful Extra Info
Bronson G3 Bearings Reviews
Excellent ,quickest delivery of anything I've bought this Xmas !!
Bronson G3 Bearings: Cheaper Elsewhere?
We'll price match any price from a UK-based retailer, on or offline!
Just fill out the form below and we'll get back to you.
Tap to get in touch:
Customer TestimonialsRead More
I'm a big fan of Vandem Longboards as they are probably one of the best businesses I've ever dealt with regarding customer service etc. I used to skate loads ("normal boards") through my teenage years and now in my early 30's I really wanted to get back on a board...