We're out of stock of this right now, but more are due in soon.View Our Recommended Alternatives
Product available at supplier: We'll order this in for you, and dispatch within 4-6 working days. If you have ordered anything else, we will hold your order until your pre-ordered stuff comes in, and ship the whole lot together. Don't worry, we'll keep you updated throughout the whole process!
In Stock, Ready for Dispatch!
Choose your shipping option at checkout:
- Express Next working day (Not weekends or bank holidays), requires signature
- Economy 2-5 Working Days, may require signature
- More Shipping Info Here.
Great experience with these guys! Extremely helpful over email, didn't try to up-sell me, instead gave me solid advice based on what I said I was looking for. Totally willing to work with me to mix and match on one of their completes - got the Loaded Omakase complete TKP setup, but with the larger Cult Chronicle 65mm wheels, and it's buttery smooth out of the box. Delivery was both rapid and plastic-free! Would recommend Vandem Longboards to anyone, beginner or pro!
Seismic Skid Plate 5.1"
Seismic Skid Plates protect the nose and tail of your freestyle and dancing boards from razortail.
You'll need to drill two holes in your tail to fix it in... but better that than completely destroying your tail beyond all further use! You can easily replace the skid plate if you wear it down, just unscrew and fit a new one to your original holes.
With a bevelled inside edge these are that bit comfier to find a handhold on than a straight block. Slightly lighter too, I suppose, but if we're talking about saving a few grams I think we'd do better to just get out and go skate...
These skid plates are 5.1" wide - 129mm - and should fit well to most modern freestyle and dancing boards as well as most mini cruisers. If you have an old school setup or wider tail, check out the Powell Tail Bones. Similar, but a full 8" wide.
Pack includes 1 skid plate, mounting hardware and instructions.
You'll need a drill and drill bits - or a friend with these - to get this fixed to your board. Full installation guide as follows:
1. Clamp skid plate in desired position, or fix well in place with tape
2. Drill through one skid plate hole all the way with a small (1.5mm - 2mm) bit as a pilot hole.
3. Remove skid plate. Widen the hole by drilling through with a 5.5mm bit.
4. Press riv nut into the hole from the top of the deck. Attach skid plate with the machine screw.
5. Use the now attached skid plate to drill through the 2nd hole in the right place - start with the thin drill bit again.
6. Remove skid plate, drill through with 5.5mm bit.
7. Push riv nut in from the top.
8. That's 2 for 2! Get that thing screwed in and go shred!
Useful Extra Info
Seismic Skid Plate 5.1" Reviews
Seismic Skid Plate 5.1": Cheaper Elsewhere?
We'll price match any price from a UK-based retailer, on or offline!
Just fill out the form below and we'll get back to you.
10% off: With hundreds of product descriptions and thousands of product details on our site, typos can occasionally slip through the net. We're only human! If you can find one - or an incorrect product detail - let us know and we'll send you a code for 10% off.
Thanks for helping keep Vandem shipshape.
Tap to get in touch:
Customer TestimonialsRead More
I bought my first board from these folks, at 46 years old nearly a year ago.
The service was first class. I found other places to be a tad patronising truth be told, maybe because of my age, maybe because of my ability or both.
Not here. They made me feel super...